Boy oh boy time sure flies when you’re having fun (busy reading), and the teens in Rocky River certainly were busy reading (I have the proof). Last week I was so busy counting all the summer reading entries that I didn’t have time to blog. So, drum roll please, here are the numbers to prove just how busy you guys were this summer. These numbers also explain why I will be wearing a pirate costume and sporting pink hair. A bet’s a bet….
232 teens signed up for the teen summer reading program (that’s 83% more than last year!)
153 teens read and filled out entry forms for 694 books (it’s a little shy of the 1,000 book goal so I am only going to have pink hair for about 3 weeks instead of the whole month. Better luck next summer guys!). WOW! I am so impressed! I am already thinking about next year’s challenge *gulp*.
Curious about what everyone read this summer? I was. Here are the top 10 books read this summer:
10. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
9. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
8. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
7. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
6. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
5. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
4. Written in Bone by Sally Walker
3. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
and the most read book?
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Enjoy the rest of summer vacation! See you all back at the library next week.