I got a TON of new books in this week, and while I have tried my best not to hoard them for myself…a lot of them went home with me. I promise to be a speedy reader and pass them along ASAP. Want to know what I got?
1. Plague: a Gone novel by Michael Grant. This is book 4 in the series and it is amazing! If you are looking for an action-packed, super creepy series, this is the one for you. Start with the first book, Gone.
2. Wither by Lauren DeStefano. This the first book in the Chemical Gardens Trilogy. I have heard amazing things about this book and cannot wait to read it! I have to wait my turn…
3. Clarity by Kim Harrison. I snagged this one because our book club is reading mysteries this month. Murder? Check! Psychics? Check! I’m all over it.
4. Ten Miles Past Normal by Frances O’Roark Dowell. This book about a teenaged girl with hippie parents living on a goat farm trying to have a “normal” life sounds like fun!
5. Other Words for Love Lorraine Zago Rosenthal. This book set in Brooklyn, 1989, tells to story of a young artist and her first love.
6. Loser/Queen by Jodi Lynn Anderson. You should see the bright yellow cover of this book! When an unpopular teen starts getting text messages telling her how to be popular she needs to decide what kind of person she wants to be.
7. The Demon Trapper’s Daughter by Jane Oliver. When a demon killer her father, Riley is left in the care of Beck, a famous demon trapper who she hates.
8. Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler. When injured teen athletes Chelsea and Clint meet at a resort they are drawn together by the losses they share.
9. Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter. Sixteen-year-old Kylie is sent to Shadow Falls Camp, which turns out to be a training ground for young people with supernatural abilities.
10. Cirque de Freak the Manga, Vol.8 by Darren Shan. The saga of Darren Shan, the vampires assistant continues in this awesome graphic novel edition. I can’t wait to get to this one.
11. The Time Traveling Fashionista by Bianca Turetskey. Fashion and time travel? Sounds good to me! Louise dons a vintage dress and finds herself transported back in time as the dress’ original owner.
12. Pink by Lili Wilkinson. Sixteen-year-old Ava isn’t sure where she fits in, so she tries a new personality, complete with a new sexual orientation.
13. Red Glove by Holly Black. It’s mine! I call it first! I must have the sequel to White Cat right now. Sorry, the greedy book-hoarder in me got loose for a second there. Ahem. I apologize. This book picks up where the first left off, so I won’t give any spoilers. Get the first book while you wait your turn. You will not be disappointed! Magic, curses, and the mob all in one!
14. The Ghoul Next Door by Lisi Harrison. This is the next book in the Monster High series. I haven’t read the first one yet, but the back of the second book promises that “Freak is the new chic.” Check it out.
Wow! That is a big list. I hope you find something good to read here. I know I did (3 to be exact, that’s not too greedy, is it?).