Here’s what I found on my desk this week (4/13-4/20)
1. Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis-this looks like a cute tween girl read. I had one of my best readers preview it for me. I hope to get a report tomorrow.
2. Blink and Caution by Tom Wynne-Jones-this is a crime thriller from the author of The Uninvited.
3. The Piper’s Son by Melina Marchetta-From the author of Jellicoe Road comes a story of grief, family issues, and music.
4. Kick by Walter Dean Myers and Ross Workman-What a cool concept! Bestselling author Myers teams up with a teen in his latest book about soccer.
5. Mad Love by Suzanne Selfors-With the help of Cupid, Alice, posing as her novelist mother who is currently in a mental hospital, writes a romance novel. Sounds cute to me.
6. Steel by Carrie Vaughn-This one has a pretty cover (sorry, no pictures today) and it sounds great: time travel, fencing, and pirates! Sign me up, please.
7. Okay For Now by Gary Schmidt is a companion book toThe Wednesday Wars. I haven’t read the first, but this second one sounds super. Audubon’s bird plates and Broadway? I’m intrigued.
8. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys is a harrowing novel based on the author’s family experience. In 1941 Lina’s family is deported from Lithuania to Siberia by Soviet police.
9. Stay by Deb Caletti-Obsessive boyfriend, remote island, handsome brothers with secrets…I hope it’s as good as it sounds.
10. Emperor of Nihon-Ja by John Flanagan-the much-anticipated final installment of the awesome Ranger’s Apprentice series (I’ve heard there will be a book 11…). I am still working on book 3, but I love this series.
11. Eona: the Last Dragoneye by Alison Goodman-dragon lovers won’t want to miss this series. Start with the first book, Eon.
12. Arata, The Legend 1-5, by Yuu Watase-this new-to-RRPL manga series is about Arata, the successor to the matriarchal Hime Clan, must pose as a girl in order to maintain his birthright, and switches places with Hinohara, a boy in the modern world, when his life is threatened by power-hungry warriors (that’s what the catalog record say!).
Once again, lots of great titles! And I didn’t snatch up any of them this time! Shocking, I know, but I am too busy preparing my house for hosting Easter to hoard books. I say take advantage of it people! Get in here and get some new books.