This week the fine folks at The Broke and The Bookish are giving all of us Top Ten Tuesday newbies (that would be me) a chance to play some of the old Top Ten Lists. I decided to make a list of my Top Ten Heroines. I apologize for the pictures, WordPress just does not want me to be able to have a list with pictures the way I want it to look.
1. Jacky Faber, from the Bloody Jack series by L.A. Meyer. She is my all-time, number one, favorite heroine.
2. Flavia de Luce, precocious star of Alan Bradley’s charming mysteries
3. Cammie Morgan, the super-tough star of the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter. I wish I could be a spy.
4. Tally Youndblood from the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. Hoverboards! (I think I have mentioned these before…)
5. Piper from Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John. Piper doesn’t need hoverboards or spy school to be amazing. She rocks!
6. Sophie Mercer from the Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins. I love a sassy girl.
7. Evie from the Paranormalcy series by Kiersten White. Total tough girl, with fashion sense. Everything I am not.
8. Liesel Meminger from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. Liesel is unlike all these other heroines, but I loved this book and was moved my her story.
9. Annah from The Forest of Hands and Teeth series by Carrie Ryan. Sigh. I wish it wasn’t over…
10. Meg Murry from A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle and Karana from Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell (it’s a tie, these were two of my favorite books from childhood. I had to give them a shout out!)
I am sorry Diana (Gone by Michael Grant), Maggie Quinn (Prom Dates from Hell by Rosemary Clement-Moore), Octavia (The Hunchback Assignments by Arthur Slade), Mary Quinn (The Agency by Y.S. Lee), and Calpurnia (The Education of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly) I really do love you all, but this is a Top Ten, not Top Fifteen List. I’m sorry, I don’t make the rules. I am sure you will make it on to another awesome list soon.
I can’t wait for next week’s Top Ten Mean Girls! My list is almost done already!