Yay! It’s Top Ten Tuesday again! I have the folks over at The Broke and The Bookish to thank for this weekly bit of list-making fun. This week it’s true confession time (sheepishly shuffles feet). That’s right, here is a list of books that just about everyone else has read but I have not. I have divided my list into two parts-books I am A-OK about not reading and probably never will and books that I really want to read or feel I should read.
Part 1: Haven’t read and feel just fine about it
1. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. Bleh.
2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series by Stieg Larsson. Not for me.
3. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. No thanks.
4. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman. Sigh.
5. Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. True Blood is enough Sookie for me, though I understand the show is nothing like the books.
Part 2: Haven’t read, but really should/will try to read/on my TBR list…
6. Eragon by Christopher Paolini. If only I could get my hands on a copy. They are never on the shelf at my library (the librarian side of me loves that, so I will patiently wait…)
7. The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series) by Michael Scott. These books are really popular with my teens right now!
8. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. There are a surprising number of classics that I have not read and I am generally okay with that, but this one shames me. I was named for a character for goodness sakes! Maybe I’ll read this when I am done with Emma…
Ok, I lied. There is a Part 3 to this list.
Books I am on the fence about:
9. The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I have heard great things, but I am off the vamps for a while. Maybe someday.
10. Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. I feel like I should read it, but I might be okay with skipping it. But maybe I should? See? On the fence.
That’s all for me today (I am mentally preparing for my vacation).