I can’t believe the read-a-thon is half over! Here’s a recap of my day so far:
I wish this represented the number of books I have read! The coffee is an accurate representation of my caffeine consumption thus far. There will be more to come. Here is a quick survey from our host:
1. What are you reading right now? Ruby Red by Kerstin Geir
2. How many books have you read so far? 2
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Ruby Red
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I was fortunate to have the day off!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? My only interruptions have been created by me and I have enjoyed them all. I especially enjoyed my 5 hour trip to a coffee shop with a fellow reader.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How slow I read!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nothing comes to mind.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Next time I will pick shorter books!
9. Are you getting tired yet? Not yet. *fingers crossed*
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? The change of venue was a huge help, as was enlisting a friend.
There you have it, a mid-event report. I am off to walk the dog and *hopefully* finish The Killing Floor.