My poor little blog has been so neglected lately. Thank goodness for Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Regardless of how busy I get I. Must. Make. Lists. Any kind of list will do, but a To Do list is particularly satisfying. This week’s TTT is the best of all worlds-a To Do Book List! I keep hearing foreboding weather forecasts for this winter and it sounds like I will be spending lots of time hunkered down under a blanket reading (and/or shoveling a TON of snow). Here are some of my winter reading plans:
1. A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R.R. Martin. Look at me already cheating! I am totally counting this as one. Anyway, I just finished A Game of Thrones and I am ready to plow through the rest of this series. Winter is coming!
2. I am going to continue my cheating ways…I plan to finish the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. I just have The Iron Queen and The Iron Knight left to go.
3. Oh, what the heck, I am on a cheating roll now. I have been meaning to read the Bad Girls Don’t books by Katie Alender. So far there are two books, but a third is on its way.
4. Ok, time to play fair. How about some single titles now? Maybe some 2012 debuts? The cover alone to this one makes me want it, the witches between the covers will be a major bonus. Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood is definitely on my TBR pile for February.
5. Here is another one that is getting TONS of buzz-Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi.
6. Uh oh, I thought of another series. Back to my cheating ways…I am really close to finishing The Kings of Clonmel, book 8 in The Ranger’s Apprentice series by John Flanagan and I plan to wrap up the series this winter AND start his new series, The Brotherband Chronicles!
7. I am super excited to get my hands on Bleeding Hearts, book 4 in The Drake Chronicles series by Alyxandra Harvey. It’s one of my favorite vampire series. Love. She also has a fairy book, Stolen Away, coming out. I am not crazy about the cover, but Ms. Harvey has yet to disappoint so it’s on the list!
8. I am anxiously awaiting my turn with the newest Bloody Jack book on audio. It will be due back right around Christmas. What a lovely gift The Mark of the Golden Dragon by L.A. Meyer will be for me!
9. Here is another YA book that is due out next month that is getting lot’s of hype-Everneath by Brodi Ashton. Something about the title rubs me the wrong way, but it’s Persephone and Hades retold and I do like a good myth retelling.
10. Last, but not least, and certainly not for real last, is the first book in Michael Grant’s new series, BZRK. Come on February 28th!
So there you have it, just a tiny fraction of my winter reading list. I apologize for all the cheating, but honestly, it’s going to happen again. We all know that. What are you reading this winter? BTW, it appears that my punishment for being greedy with my list is horrible formatting. I am sorry. I have tried to fix it.