Yesterday’s Top Ten Tuesday was all about our favorite books of 2011. I totally cheated and made a list of 12 and snuck in the mention of at least four others and that still wasn’t enough. Here are ten more books that I read this past year that deserve a shout out.
1. Out for Blood (The Drake Chronicles #3) by Alyxandra Harvey. I love this vampire series and can’t wait to read Bleeding Hearts.
2. Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. I am a big fan of the road trip novel and this one was a lot of fun.
3. Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi. I really enjoyed this fast-paced thriller set in a futuristic world that has been devastated by human and natural disasters.
4. Blood Red Road by Moira Young. I know gave this one a nod yesterday, but I cannot praise this dystopian debut enough. It really should be a must-read for fans of The Hunger Games and Divergent. Gritty, tough, violent, action-packed, and a touch of humor and romance-what’s not to love?
5. Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore. This was a fun romantic comedy with a supernatural twist. Fans of the Hex Hall and Paranormalcy series will want to add Rosemary Clement-Moore’s books to their TBR lists.
6. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. Laugh. Out. Loud. Hilarious. Look at that cover. How could you not want to read this book?
7. The Marbury Lens by Andrew Smith. This is a tough read and certainly not for every reader, but it was powerful and addicting. I could not put it down and the story stuck with me long after it ended. To me that is an amazing book.
8. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier. Historical Fiction, romance, mystery, intrigue, and time travel. Gorgeous cover.
9. Goliath by Scott Westerfeld. The Leviathan series has something for every reader-steampunk, adventure, cool war machines, a girl disguised as a boy, strange hybrid beasties, and amazing illustrations. In all honesty, I love all things Scott Westerfeld.
10. The Mark of the Golden Dragon by L.A. Meyer. Another Bloody Jack book!