Spring has sprung, which means warm weather, flowers in bloom, baseball, and new books! The Broke and the Bookish are asking what books are on our To Read Lists this spring. Easy peasy!
1. Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins. Book three in the Hex Hall series is here and I must have it! March 13
2. Black Heart by Holly Black. The third book in The Curse Workers series is due out April 3. I am not a huge fan of the cover redesigns (I think the second cover looks too girly), but I am desperate for more of Cassel.
3. Grave Mercy R.L. LaFevers. The first book in the His Fair Assassin Trilogy comes out April 3. Historical fiction, supernatural, intrigue, and a feisty female assassin? Nice.
4. Thou Shalt Not Road Trip by Antony John. I loved Five Flavors of Dumb and have high hopes for this new offering. It comes out April 12.
5. The Selection by Kiera Cass. I am bit nervous about this one. The concept is intriguing and the cover is lovely, but the reviews are mixed. I will find out for myself when this comes out April 24.
6. Insurgent by Veronica Roth. Do I need to explain this one? Is it May 1st yet? Seriously? Hurry hurry hurry.
7. The Drowned Cities by Paolo Bacigalupi. This companion novel to Ship Breaker comes out May 1. I can’t wait to get back into that world and hopefully see some familiar characters.
8. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. Despite my annoyance over the whole series stretch here and the fact that covers are getting worse, I am nonetheless hooked. Book five in The Mortal Instruments series comes out May
I am sure there are plenty more amazing new books coming out this spring that I will need to read, but I am rounding out my list with a couple that I have been putting off.
9. A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin. Book 2 in the A Song of Ice and Fire series has been taunting me for months. I think a nice latte and some warm weather and a trip to a park are exactly what I need to get back into this complicated series.
10. The Emperor of Nihon-Ja by John Flanagan. The final book in The Ranger’s Apprentice series has been sitting on my nightstand for weeks, but when I finish it, the series will be over. I don’t want it to be over. Then again, once I finish, I can start The Brotherband Chronicles!
What are you looking forward to reading this spring?