Welcome to “The True Confessions of an Internet Junkie” edition of Top Ten Tuesday, brought to you by the truth seekers at The Broke and the Bookish. If you think all of us book loving types always have our noses stuck in a book, think again! I know I spent an obscene amount of time tooling around the internet. When I am not looking at bookish things, here is how I like to entertain myself. Just an FYI, some of these sites have lots of swearing and some mature content. Disclaimer over, on to the fun!
1. Facebook. This is currently my gateway to news, entertainment, and book/authors/library related info. *Sigh*
2. The Bloggess. Jenny Lawson is irreverent, insightful, and absolutely hilarious. She also struggles with serious issues such as depression. She rocks. Read her book.
3. The Society of Modern Mischief. These ladies are also hilarious. And local.
“When you send a text message on the Verizon network, you can address your text by choosing a name out of your contact list, or you can address it by typing in a phone number. You can also type in a name. And if you type in L-E-I-L-A, then– bizarrely– your text will come to me. This is a blog about the texts I have received. All of them are from strangers, intended for other Leilas, but obviously they missed their marks.”
5. Imdb.com. This site is incredibly useful at work. I also spend a lot of time looking at it at home.
6. Cake Wrecks. Oh, the frosted hilarity.
7. Go Fug Yourself. This is the closest thing to a fashion site that I visit.
8. Cute Overload. Ok, I don’t usually visit this site on my own, but it’s hard to resist when someone else is looking at it. Yeah, I enjoy a ridiculously cute animal every now and then. It balances out all the zombie nonsense.
9. Hypable. Yeah, they talk books here, but it’s all things entertainment, so it counts.
This list was kind of depressing. You would think that I could find more useful ways to spend my time. But (most of) these sites are just so funny…