It’s a Top Ten Tuesday Rewind! The bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish have asked us to revisit a past topic. I decided to personalize the Books I Can’t Believe I Haven’t Read (that list is a mile long) and shorten it by focusing only on books that I really really meant to read in 2011 but never got around to. I should have my own little read-a-thon and read only books that keep getting bumped to the bottom of the TBR list in favor of all the shiny new books.
These are the YA Fiction books I missed:
1. Bitter End by Jennifer Brown. I thought The Hate List was great and I wanted to read this book about dating violence.
2. The Survival Kit by Donna Freitas. I want to read it. I don’t want to cry. This is the ongoing inner battle over this one.
3. Sweetly by Jackson Pearce. Sisters Red was so cool. How did I not immediately snatch up the next one? Also, the covers are amazing.
4. Trapped by Michael Northrop. Trapped in a high school during a blizzard? Sounds pretty scary to me!
I had every intention of reading these Science Fiction books:
5. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. Everyone read it. Everyone loved it. I missed it. Doh.
6. Across the Universe by Beth Revis. For goodness sake, I own this book! What is my problem?
7. Prized by Caragh O’Brien. I loved Birthmarked. I finished it and could not wait for the sequel. And yet…oh, for shame.
8. The Girl With the Steel Corset by Kady Cross. I do love a good steampunk novel and so many people loved this one in particular. I really dropped the ball here!
I missed this Historical Fiction (which isn’t surprising since HFic is not my go-to genre. But I do try, I promise!):
9. Deadly by Julie Chibbaro. Who doesn’t love a good Typhoid Mary book?
and This Mystery (again, not my go-to, but I do enjoy a mystery now and then):
10. The Girl is Murder by Katheryn Miller Haines. This 1940s mystery stars a female private eye and I like the cover. The sequel is coming out soon, so I need to get caught up.