It’s been a long and busy day and I just now starting to think about this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, sponsored by The Broke and the Bookish. I don’t really think humor is an official genre like science fiction or mysteries, but that’s the list I want to make. For everyone looking for an anti-Halloween read, this is the list for you! No spooks here, just lots of laughs. Come back next week for spooks!
1. Rick Riordan- Sure he has the action/adventure thing down too, but for me the real treat is the humor.
2. E. Lockhart- Frankie Landau-Banks and Ruby Oliver are both good for a laugh!
3. L.A. Meyer-Jackey Faber, my favorite heroine is hilarious.
4. Kiersten White- Evie from Paranormalcy is a bleeping riot!
5. Gordon Korman- Laugh out loud moments in No More Dead Dogs, Pop, and Born to Rock. He’s a funny guy!
6. Rosemary Clement-Moore- I will read anything and everything she writes!
7. Libba Bray-I mean, have you read Going Bovine or Beauty Queens? HI-larious.
8. Markus Zusak- Are you wondering if I have lost my marbles? The Book Thief is not funny. I know, but Ed Kennedy, hero of I am the Messenger is!
9. Lish McBride- I just finished Hold Me Closer, Necromancer and there is a witness to the fact that I was laughing out loud in public while reading this one.
10. Martin Leicht- This is one to watch guys! His debut, Mothership, is the funniest thing I have read in ages. Could. Not. Stop. Laughing.
Ok, brain is mushy. I go now.