It’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week is all about the newbies of 2013. This one took me a while to put this together because I have been so fixated on series sequels and more offerings from my current favorites that I have hardly had time to even consider that there may be a new favorite out there just waiting to be discovered. So really, thank you B&B for making me think of something new. After a little digging and reading here my most anticipated debuts of 2013:
1. Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans, Jan. 15. Everyone else wants to read it so I had better check it out.
2. The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepard, Jan. 29. A gothic thriller based on H.G. Wells’ classic,The Island of Doctor Moreau. Yes please.
3. The Reece Malcolm List by Amy Spalding Feb 5. I have been enjoying contemporary fiction lately and look forward to more!
4. The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett, March 5. Boarding school for the magical kind-check. A student who is a nightmare?!? Awesome! Bonus points for being a local Ohio author.
5. Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson, March 12. I am all about the retellings since I discovered the Fables series. This one is a Bluebeard retelling.
6. The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar, March 21. A contemporary romance with a genie. I have this on my NetGalley shelf right now!
7. Vengeance Bound Justina Ireland, April 2. You had me at the mention of Dexter.
8. Taken by Erin Bowman, April 16. First of all, this is shallow, I know, but look at the pretty cover. Hopefully the insides will be just as awesome.
9. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller May 7. Gotta love a girl finally embracing her inner nerd!
10. How My Summer Went Up in Flames Jennifer Salvato Doktorski, May 7. This is another one coming out on my birthday. Happy birthday to me! Also, I am a total sucker for a road trip book.
That covers the first half of 2013. I cannot even begin to think about the second half! What are you waiting for?