In honor of Valentine’s Day, The Broke and the Bookish want to know which books top our favorite romance lists. I have decided to leave all of the vampires, demon hunters, and witches off my list. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE a kick-butt paranormal romance. A lot. But today I thought I would focus on some of my favorite sweet and swoony romances starring ordinary people.
1. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. I read this charming debut in one sitting.
2. Along for the Ride Sarah Dessen. I have not read much of Sarah Dessen, but I really enjoyed the audio of this one and I will certainly pick up more of her books.
3. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. I have a love-annoyed relationship with this series.
4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Ah, the beloved Anna and Etienne…
5. Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. I truly LOVED this one. Road trip, awesome guy, totally not sappy. Win!
6. Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. The perfect Christmas book! It’s smart and funny and totally not teeth-rotting sweet. Apparently I like my romances with a side of grit!
7. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. Um, sizzle. This whole series about the Fuentes brothers smolders.
8. Just One Day by Gayle Forman. This one is on a bunch of lists too. It really is a wonderful read. I can’t wait to hear Willem’s side of the story.
9. Past Perfect by Leila Sales. Super cute and sweet. This one is just plain fun.
10. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (for all you fans of a John Green style sob-fest romance).