This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Books, is all about the authors who write books that we will buy with no questions asked. What’s that one about? WHO CARES, XXX WROTE IT SO IT WILL BE A.MAZ.ING. End of story. I try really hard to take advantage of my awesome library collection (I am the one who orders it after all) but sometimes I just can’t help myself and I must own the books personally. My list contains both auto-buy and auto-read authors. As much as I wish I could, I just can’t own all the books.
1. Michael Grant. Genius. I have a copy of Light, the final book in the Gone series and I am afraid to start it. I don’t want the madness to be over. I guess I can catch up on Magnificent 12 while I wait to see what new insanity is unleashed upon us.
2. Ally Carter. I have so much love for The Gallagher Girls and Heist Society series. Gallagher Girls is almost finished and I will anxiously wait to see what comes next.
3. Scott Westerfeld. All time favorite. With all due respect, I wish he would spend a little less time on his graphic novel adaptations and more time writing something shiny and new for me.
4. Marissa Meyer. She’s a new favorite! I actually need to go out and purchase her books. My shelves are lacking in cyborg awesomeness.
5. John Flanagan. I never expected to fall in love with a cranky old ranger and his young apprentice, but alas, I did. I can’t wait to start his new series.
6. Libba Bray. I have read everything she has written and after meeting her in person I must confess that I have a little author crush on her. My home collection of her works is missing pieces, but I am working on that. Desperate for more Diviners.
7. L.A. Meyer. Keep the Jacky Faber stories coming, please!
8. Kiersten White. I loved Paranormalcy and can’t wait to get my hands on her new series. I really should just buy it!
9. Rick Riordan. Mythology has never been so much fun! I need to start collecting the complete works of Rick Riordan. Well, maybe just the middle grade ones. My nephews are almost old enough to start some Percy Jackson. Can’t wait.
10. Cassandra Clare. I actually only obsessively hoard her Infernal Devices series (they have prettier covers). Maybe some day I will go back and add The Mortal Instruments.
Lish McBride, Moira Young, and Antony John.
Lisa Lutz, Sarah Addison Allen, Bill Willingham, Christopher Farnsworth, and Alan Bradley
Ok, I have to cut myself off. I could keep going…