Oh, happy day! It’s time to start planning the Read-a-Thon! My pal Stacey and I are once again joining in all the festivities and I think you should too. The first step is so easy. Just visit Dewey’s Read-a-Thon page and add your name to the list. Then, if you are like me, you’ll start making a list of all the books that you want on hand for the big day. I actually started my list ages ago. I am a nerd that way. You’ll also want to start squirreling books away and start thinking of all the snacks you will have. Ok, the snacks part may be jumping the gun a bit. But trust me, they are so important at 3 a.m. on Read-a-Thon day!
Here’s a little sneak peek at my list of books that I plan to bring to the table (and couch, and coffee shop…) on April 27th:
- Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty
- Stephanie Plum #? by Janet Evanovich. I am currently finished with 13.
- Son of the Mob by Gordon Korman
- Magnificent 12 #2 by Michael Grant
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis
- The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
- Elementals by Antony John
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Demonata by Darren Shan
- Game by Barry Lyga-comes out April 16th! Perfect timing!
- A Mystery? Suggestions?
- Graphic Novels-good for padding numbers!
This list will no doubt change and grow over the next month, but it’s a good start. The trick is to pick short, fast-paced books. So, are you in?