This week the Broke and the Bookish want to know which characters have swept us off our feet and stolen our hearts, leaving us with no choice but the nurture a literary crush. At first I was over-thinking this one, I mean I read all the swoony teen books, but I am not a teen, so is it weird to crush….see, that line of thinking make me feel weird, so I stopped and reminded myself that it’s not real. See how I almost took all the fun out of an awesome TTT? Shame on me! On to confession time…
1. Halt from The Ranger’s Apprentice by John Flanagan. I think he may be a little grizzly for my taste, but that can be fixed with a hair cut and shave. What I really love is Halt’s sense of humor and stoic demeanor that hides a big ball of emotional mush.
2. Cassel Sharpe from White Cat by Holly Black. He’s kind of a bad boy who doesn’t really want to be one. His mother is not doing him any favors.
3. Jon Snow from Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. *sigh* (I also have a bit of a girl crush on Daenerys. That girl is awesome.)
4. Detective Henry Stone from The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz. He’s such a good guy. And a bit of a neat freak. He could wash my dishes!
5. Jem Carstairs from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. I haven’t finished Clockwork Princess so I do not yet know his fate, but I am solidly on Team Jem.
6. Gansey from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I am not exactly sure what it is about him, but I think it’s the southern charm.
7. Akiva (with a side of girl-crush for Karou) from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. Oh, the feels. I feel them all.
8. W.W. Hale V from Heist Society by Ally Carter. You ladies can keep your bad boys. Hale is definitely one of the good guys. So it’s totally not about his money. Nope. Good guy.
9. Wolf from Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. He’s a little scary. I kind of like that.
10. Willem from Just One Day by Gayle Forman. I have said it before and I will say it again, Gayle Forman can write one hell of a male character. I love Adam and I know that Just One Year will make me love Willem even more.
Bonus Favorite Girl Crush: Jacky Faber from the Bloody Jack series by L.A. Meyer. I ♥ her so much. I totally want to be her best friend. We would have so much fun together!