Hello dear reader, Happy Monday! As you may know, I participated in another Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon over the weekend. I was so excited. I was so prepared. I was so sleepy…and threw in the towel during hour 18. *Sigh* Well, lesson learned! No more Cousins Night Out before a readathon. I will redeem myself in October. Of course the event was not a total bust. I think 18 hours of participation is not too shabby and I finished three books. Now I am only 4 books behind on my reading goal! How about a big It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? list? Thanks to Book Journey and Teach Mentor Text for hosting!
1. Mind Games by Kiersten White is the first in a new series. It is a huge departure from her Paranormalcy series and took some getting used to, but in the end, I really liked it!
2. The Golem’s Eye by Jonathan Stroud is the second book in the Bartimaeus series. I listened to this one and enjoyed it more than the first. I will definitely finish this series. I was on the fence when I began.
3. What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton is a fantastic debut by a local author! I often struggle with “issue” books and this was no different. It seems so wrong to say that I loved a book that deals with the aftermath of a drug rape, but I did.
4. The Sweet Revenge of Celia Door by Karen Finneyfrock is another debut novel. The issues are bullying and homosexuality. It was fine.
5. Fruits Basket vol. 1 by Natsuki Takaya. A teen reader of mine insisted that I read this. I don’t read much manga, but I enjoyed this one. I will probably read on.
6. OCD, the Dude, and Me by Karen Roedy Vaughan. Wanted to love it. Ended up just liking it. I think I may have over done it on the contemporary fiction. Once again, traumatized girl being saved by a guy. The whole OCD part was very interesting.
7. Finger Lickin’ Fifteen by Janet Evanovich. I missed the exploding car bits in the last one…she brought back the fire balls with a vengeance. Good old predictable fluff.
8. Relish: My Life in the Kitchen by Lucy Knisley. I LOVED this graphic novel memoir. I may have to own this one. I will definitely be gifting this one to a few foodies. Perfect.
Currently Listening To:
I am so excited to have an e-galley of Dare You To by Katie McGarry! The others are in preparation for the Ohioana Book Festival. So far I am enjoying all of my reading this week.