This week the Broke and the Bookish have asked about the things that make our blogging lives easier. I am not sure I can come up with ten things. Let’s give it a whirl! I have a feeling the lists today are going to be very similar.
1. Goodreads.com. My virtual bookshelf and task master. I am not very tech savvy, so I was super excited to learn how to link my reading shelf to the blog.
2. NetGalley.com. I am always to excited when I am approved for a digital galley! I have been slacking this summer, but normally reading these ARCs motivates me to blog reviews.
3. Librarything.com. I use this site for all of my cover images. They seem to be the perfect size to insert into a post.
4. Weekly memes. Right now I am guaranteed to get two posts a week in because I participate in two memes. Sometimes that is all I have time for. On Mondays I participate in It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, hosted by Book Journey and Teach Mentor Texts. And of course Tuesdays is all about the Top Ten lists!
5. Read-a-thons. I am so thankful for other book bloggers for hosting awesome read-a-thons. Currently my favorites are Bout of Books and Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon. Read-a-thons are a great way to get to know other bloggers and make a dent in that giant TBR list.
6. My job. I love being a Teen Librarian. I get to do a lot of fun things with my teen patrons and this blog is the perfect format for showing off all that fun.
7. The Reading Room. Ok, so this is a shameless plug, but I really do love The Reading Room and I am proud of all the hard work my colleagues and I put into maintaining this database. I always check here when I am writing reviews and want to add a list of Readalikes.
I think that’s it. I am off to check out what others are using. I am sure I’ll find some great new tips.