I totally forgot to put up a post last Monday. It was Labor Day and I was enjoying my day off, so this week I have a giant list of books to mention. I’ll just get to it, while the caffeine is still fresh in my veins!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
- Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin by Liesl Shurtliff. Adorable middle-grade fairy tale retelling!
- Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter. Book 4 in the Gallagher Girls series. More spies, more danger, more answers and even more questions! Action-packed.
- Dying to Meet You by Kate Klise. Book 1 in the 43 Old Cemetery Road series. Very clever middle grade ghost story. It’s not spooky!
- Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter. Book 5 in the Gallagher Girls series. Oh, the betrayals! Cammie has almost all the answers. Now what?!?
- Shadows by Ilsa Bick. Oh, the HORROR! Must. Read. Monsters. Totally terrified to read Monsters!
- Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick. A day in the life of a suicidal teen. Read this straight through.
- Let’s Explore Diabetes With Owls by David Sedaris. Laughed out loud like a lunatic while walking the dog and listening to this one!
- The Fifth Wave by Richard Yancey. Slow to start book about alien invasion. The second half had me reading long past my bedtime!
I am kind of on a nonfiction kick, which is very rare, so when it happens I must indulge. To that end, I have started listening to At Home by Bill Bryson whenever I walk the dog. In the car I have Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter. This one came recommended by my coworker. So far so good.
Currently Taking My Time With These: Nothing seems to be holding my interest, so I am going back and forth with a ridiculous number of books.
I am totally lacking focus right now! I need something to grab me. Until then, I’ll plug away at this stack.