This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is all about TV and film adaptations of books. When compiling this list of titles that we would love to seen on the big screen we can assume that the adaptation will be done in a perfect world and will therefore not suck.
As Seen On TV (Please?):
1. Gone by Michael Grant. Shove on over Under the Dome (and network television), this is how you do horror.
2. The Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey. Vampire never go out of style, right? I think this would be a fun series to see on TV.
3. Ashes by Isla Bick. This woman is giving Michael Grant a run for his money in the freakishly disturbing horror category. This is a new twist on zombies and I can’t wait to see where things go in the final book.
4. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I’d watch those broody boys search for a ley line any day. I am sure the series would provide enough material for a few seasons.
5. The Ranger’s Apprentice by John Flanagan. I don’t want a movie. I want season after season of Halt, Will, Horace, and Tug.
Dreaming of the Big Screen:
1. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld. Can you imagine the special effects for this one?
2. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. There has to be a role for Wil Wheaton in this one.
3. The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy. I can totally picture this as an animated film. How about it, Pixar?
4. Cinder by Marissa Meyer. Fairy tales are all the rage!
5. The Diviners by Libba Bray. Actually, maybe not. I might be too afraid to watch!
There is some AWESOME material here. Don’t ruin it. Please.