This week The Broke and The Bookish have us looking ahead to 2014. At first I thought that there weren’t too many books coming soon that I am just dying to read, but upon closer examination of my lengthy TBR list, I managed to find a bunch! In chronological order, here are a few of the books I am excited about for 2014:
1. Going Rogue by Robin Benway. January 14. This is the sequel to Also Known As, a fun Gallagher Girls readalike.
2. Avalon by Mindee Arnett. January 21. From the author of The Nightmare Affair (the sequel, The Nightmare Dilemma is also coming out in 2014 and I am excited about that as well!), comes a new science fiction series. For fans of Firefly? SOLD!
3. Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith. February 11. An unstoppable army of giant praying mantises? This sounds so weird. I can’t wait.
4. Perfect Lies by Kiersten White. February 18. This sequel to Mind Games will no doubt be awesome.
5. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige. April 1. Oh. My. God. This is the book I am most excited about. An evil Dorothy? This is going to be one wicked Oz retelling!
6. Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell. April 1. A new serial killer book! This one sounds Dexter-ish, with a female do-gooder killer.
7. What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick. April 15. I loved Fitzpatrick’s debut, My Life Next Door and am eager for more from her.
8. The Chapel Wars by Lindsey Leavitt. May 6. You can always rely on Lindsey Leavitt to deliver a fun contemporary novel, and I am sure this one will be another winner!
9. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. May 13. A suspense novel from E. Lockhart? How exciting!
10. Raging Star by Moira Young. May 13. I am very excited for the final book in the Dustlands Trilogy. So much drama in book 2!
So that’s 10. But I am also SO excited for these too:
AND I NEED a new Jasper Dent by Barry Lyga, a new Dublin Murder Squad by Tana French, a new Shades of London by Maureen Johnson, and a new Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater.
What did I forget?