One of my favorite ways to pass a cold winter day is to grab a book and head out to my favorite coffee shop for a latte and an afternoon of reading. This week The Broke and the Bookish want to know what books are on our Winter 2013/2014 TBR list. I swear, I love creating these lists but have terrible follow through. I am so easily distracted by new books. I just looked back on my Fall 2013 TBR list and discovered that I read 9/14. That’s pretty good for me. I will carry over a couple to my winter list and I think I will let a couple go for now.
Carried over from Fall:
Chaos of the Stars,
BZRK Reloaded and Crash Into You.
In addition to these three, I would like to read these:
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. I plan to read this next week. Finally.
Not A Drop To Drink by Mindy McGinnis. I own a copy of this one. It has been sitting on my bookshelf for a while now.
3. Grave Mercy by Robin LeFevers. Speaking of owning a copy….This one has been languishing on my shelves for even longer. It’s time. It WILL be read.
4. Across the Universe by Beth Revis. See above.
5. The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepard. My Nook shelves needs some attention too!
6. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. Also collecting digital dust on my Nook. I am in the market for a new series!
7. The Recruit by Robert Muchamore. I want to give this series a try as well. Any thoughts?
I also have some audiobooks that I am planning to listen to this winter. Top on the list:
The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches by Alan Bradley. The last Flavia book ended with a jaw-dropping revelation. I am so excited for more!
Boston Jacky by L.A. Meyer. I am a little behind in my Jacky Faber listening. The latest installment is on my winter To Be Listened list for sure!
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. I have had my eye on this monster for a while. I comes highly recommended by two of my coworkers.
What are you planning to read this winter?