In the spirit of the new year and new beginnings and new resolutions, The Broke and the Bookish are asking for out 2014 Bookish Resolutions. I’ve got plenty.
1. Match my 2013 Goodreads Challenge of 200 books. I was finishing my 200th book of 2013 at 7pm on December 31! So, 200 books read/listened to in 2014!
3. Write more book reviews. Seriously. I totally dropped the ball on this one in 2013.
4. Read books recommended by my book club students. I am always picking books for them, so I decided to see what they would pick for me. I will have them pick a title for me each month and I will report back at our next meeting. For February I am reading The Eye of Minds by James Dashner.
5. A-Z Authors. I decided to make my 2014 books page here as an A-Z authors list. Kind of random, but it’s something different.
6. Pay more attention to my NetGalley books. See #3. The new rule is request, read, review. Repeat. No more request, request, request….
7. Stop reading if I don’t like it. This was a resolution a couple of years ago and I love it! There are so many awesome books out there and I no longer feel the need to waste my time on ones that aren’t.
8. Continue to read outside my comfort zone. I would like to read a variety of genres each month. Last year I read a ton of fantastic nonfiction and I really want to keep that up. I need to work on reading more teen mysteries and teen historical fiction.
9. Read from the Youth Media Awards list. I am not sure how many I read last year. This year I will keep track!
10. Read 2014 Debuts. Last year I read 19 2013 debuts. Hopefully I can do just as well this year. I need to find myself a list!