This week’s Top Ten Tuesday list, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish is all about 2014 Debuts. In no particular order, here are just a few that I am excited to read:
1. Far From You by Tess Sharpe, April 2014
This standalone mystery/thriller looks pretty interesting. I don’t read enough YA mysteries.
2. The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel, April 2014
This contemporary debut sounds like it is cute and funny. I like cute and funny!
3. The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cumming, June 2014
4. Open Road Summer by Emery Lord, April 2014
I am a complete sucker for a road trip book. The last one I read was a bit of a let-down, so I have high hopes for this one.
5. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige, April 2014.
I am SO EXCITED for this Wizard of Oz retelling! An evil Dorothy? Genius!
6. Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell, April 2014.
April is going to be a very busy month! A teenaged, female Dexter? LOVE!
7. Killer Instinct by S.E. Green, May 2014.
Another serial killer tale with a female POV. This is so exciting! 2014, The Year of the Female Serial Killer!
8. Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy March, 2014
As a rule I do not read cancer books. TFIOS was the last straw and I vowed to never do it again. However, this one seems like it may have a happy ending, so I am willing to give it a try. I will even wait for spoilers, just to be sure. So, if anyone has already read it and confirm that there is no cancer death involved, please let me know!
9. Sekret by Lindsay Smith, April 2014
A paranormal, dystopian, historical thriller? Um, sure. Ok. I’ll bite.
10. No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale, January 2014
This debut mystery is getting mixed review, but I love the cover so much that I just have to check it out for myself.
So, most of these debuts come out in early spring. Have I missed any must-reads? How about things coming out later in the year?