This week, The Broke and the Bookish are asking about all the fun things we want to read about or things we want authors to write about. These things can be a specific type of character, an issue tackled, a time period, a certain plot, etc. A number of things jump to mind…and make me pause and think hmmm, what does this say about me?
1. Serial Killers-Lucky me, there are a few new serial killer books coming out this year!
2. Oz retellings-And more Oz books! I love the world of Oz and can’t wait for the new Dorothy books coming out. Below is the only one with a cover image right now. Still waiting on Prophecy of Oz by Megan Shan to get a cover.
3. Male point of view-I feel like I read so many books with awesome heroines. Male POV is always a welcome change of pace for me.
4. Road trips-My favs!
5. Time travel-I am way behind on my time travel books!
6. Ghosts-Even though I am a big baby, I do love a good ghost story! I just finished this one and I really need The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson!
7. Misfits-I love a story with quirky characters who haven’t yet discovered their place in the world. Because, let’s be honest. Who hasn’t felt out-of-place and unsure of themselves at some point? Current misfit read:
8. Con artists-I want more books like How to Lead a Life of Crime by Kirsten Miller and The Curse Workers by Holly Black!
9. Aliens-there is such a wide range of alien fare out there. So far I have been enjoying these:
10. Sassy heroines-A sure-fire way to get me interested in a book is to describe the heroine as smart, sassy, or snarky. I do love a mouthy leading lady!
What are your go-to topics/characters/settings?