Top Ten Tuesday is a bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we are talking about why it is so great to be a book blogger!
1. I have greater access to Advanced Reader Copies. My blog is tiny and insignificant compared to many and I just don’t have the following to warrant showering me with ARCs, but every now and then I find a treat in my mail. I also get to shop around in NetGalley. Who doesn’t like to be first?
2. Readathons. I ♥ readathons.
3. Blogging is a way for me to be a writer without actually being a writer. I don’t have a novel in me, but I still enjoying putting some thoughts out there!
4. Blogging satisfies my need to make lists. Seriously. I love to make lists.
5. Discovering new blogs and memes inevitably leads to discovering new books and authors.
6. Comments on my blog make me happy. I truly appreciate when someone takes the time to read my words and respond to what I have written.
That’s all I have for today!
Oh, wait! I didn’t list any reasons for why I love being a reader. Do I really need to list the reasons? We all know a book can fight boredom, broaden horizons, bring people together, expand vocabularies and minds, help understand your world, yourself, and others, teach new things, teach old things. I can find myself in a book just as easily as I can lose myself in a book. Books have been a constant companion since the day I was born and hope to have a book in my hand until the day I die. I think that is enough nerding out for the day…