Good morning friends! I am coming off a few days of time off. I really thought I would have a relaxing few days lounging around, hitting my favorite coffee shop and working on my ever-growing TBR list. Instead, I spent an amazing three days hanging out with family and friends and eating my way through Cleveland. I squeezed some reading and listening in, but nothing like I had planned. All of this got me thinking about my reading goals and expectations. It’s early in the year and I am already struggling to find a balance between the reading I need to do (books for book club, books I have requested to review), the reading I should do (new teen releases to talk up, adult titles) and the reading I want to do (apparently that would be anything but the need to and should read books!). I may have overextended myself…Anyone else have this problem? How do you juggle all of your reading? Any input would be appreciated! Ready for a list? Me too!
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
- Reviews of Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn and Don’t Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynoski will be coming soon. As an adult reader, I did not really enjoy either book, but they sure do have great teen appeal.
- This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith was cute and simple and I enjoyed the easy listening while I shoveled myself out of a blizzard.
- Jane, the Fox, and Me by Fanny Britt is a beautifully illustrated graphic novel. The story is a familiar one-mean girls, bullying, and distorted body issues.
- Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe was surprisingly enjoyable autobiography. Lowe provides a thoughtful glimpse into the life of a young teen idol and describes all of the ups and downs of creating a successful and meaningful career as well as a satisfying private life. Lowe is charming, intelligent, and quite hilarious.
- The Silver Six by A.J. Lieberman is a fun little sci-fi action/adventure graphic novel. Max, the robot is the best part of the entire story.
I am finally getting around to The Cuckoo’s Calling (from the should read category) and I am sticking with my autobiography theme and listening to Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth (need to read for book club).
I am more than half way through Vicious by V.E. Schwab. This is my Random Read for February and it is fantastic! I just downloaded an e-galley of We Were Liars by E. Lockhart and I can’t wait to dive in. Crash Into You by Katie McGarry is my current just-for-me read.
The first two are quick rereads for book clubs and the second two are Teen’s Choices. So basically, four books I need to read. Sigh.