Hmm. It’s Monday already? I don’t know about you, but I crammed a lot in to my weekend. In a nutshell: baseball, plants vs zombies, yoga, doughnut, new outfit, read, plants vs zombies, nap, grown-up birthday party, plants vs zombies, read, work, read, plants vs zombies, walk the dogs, cook, plants vs zombies…notice a pattern? What is wrong with me?!? So, yeah. Plants vs Zombies. Ugh. I did manage for finish some books!
- Siege and Storm (Grisha #2) by Leigh Bardugo continues the story of Alina, Mal, and the Darkling. Alina and Mal have escaped the Fold, but the Darkling has raised a new and even more terrifying army. I am loving this series so much and can’t wait for Ruin and Rising. Also, the covers are gorgeous. I may have to own these books.
- Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith is THE IT BOOK at the moment. The world as we know it ends when genetically engineered Unstoppable Soldiers (giant praying mantises) take over, beginning with the small town of Ealing, Iowa. The end of the world is recorded by 17-year old Austin. He faithfully documents all of the events leading up to the end of the world, including all of the anxiety he feels about loving both of his best friends, Shann (his girlfriend) and Robby. This book was super weird and I get the appeal, but I did not love it like I loved Winger and Marbury Lens. I am still glad that I spent time with it to see what all the buzz is about.
- Far From You by Tess Sharpe is a 2014 debut novel. Sophie Winters became addicted to pain medication after a car accident. Despite finally being clean, when drugs are found on her at the scene of her best friend’s murder, no one believes that the crime was not a drug deal gone wrong. After months of rehab, Sophie returns home to face the tragedy of her loss. She makes her mission to solve Mina’s murder and find a way to say goodbye to her best friend and first love. I really enjoyed this one. There is a lot going on in the story, but it never feels like it’s too much. I should have a review up this week, but look for this one on shelves tomorrow!
- A Million Suns by Beth Revis is the second book in the trilogy and it is even more thrilling than the first! I don’t want to give anything away, but life aboard Godspeed has taken an interesting turn! I am listening to this series and had Shades of Earth ready and waiting for me.
- More Than This by Patrick Ness is totally unlike his other books. I haven’t yet decided how I feel about it.
- Shades of Earth by Beth Revis is the conclusion to the trilogy. Bad things are currently happening and I am suspect things are going to get worse!
- The Universe Versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence
- Chasers by James Phelan
- The Elite by Kiera Cass
- The Accident by Chris Pavone will be my next book on CD
- Sunrise by Mike Mullin-I am so nervous to read this one!