Happy June! I for one, am so happy to see May end. It was a tough month for me and I am ready to put some things behind me and move on. I spent this past gorgeous weekend doing all sorts of outdoorsy things. I also took a little time to get myself organized. I am looking forward to a new month! Because I was not so organized in May, I did not manage to prepare a Memorial Day post, so how about two weeks worth of reading?!
- This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper. I found out this hilarious and touching family drama is being turned into a movie AFTER I started listening to the book. The all-star cast looks awesome!
- I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak. This was a reread for my high school book club. I am so happy that they loved this book as much as I do!
- Buzz Kill by Beth Fantaskey. This was a cute, romancey mystery full of Nancy Drew references AND a cool librarian!
- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons. I know I have mentioned before that I am very forgiving of audiobooks. I listened to this teen dystopian novel and it was just fine. It did not stand out in any way, good or bad. I may even see how the story ends, but I won’t lose sleep if I don’t.
- The Museum of Intangible Things by Wendy Wunder. This was not what I was expecting, but I still enjoyed it very much.
- Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman. I loved this stunning historical fiction debut! I tend to stay away from Holocaust and WWII books, but this one introduces readers to Hitler before he rose to power. It was fascinating.