This week The Broke and The Bookish are taking a little break from talking about books. Instead, this week’s Top Ten Tuesday is about our other favorite stories-TV shows and movies! I am not much of a movie watcher, but I do love some TV.
I am a big fan of sitcoms. My favs?
1. The Big Bang Theory. It’s hard to pick a favorite out of this bunch, but I am quite partial to Sheldon and Amy.
2. Modern Family. Somewhere in the third season I lost track of this show, so I am a little behind. I have been catching some “new to me” episodes on reruns lately.
3. Parks and Recreation. Amy Poehler is HILARIOUS. I can’t wait to get my hands on her new book!
I also love some shows on premium cable. I don’t subscribe to any of those channels so I rely on my favorite library for them. It also means I am always a season behind. Oh well. Free is free! My favorites?
4. Game of Thrones. I am really missing this one. I am tempted to start rereading the books. Or maybe I will just rewatch the first three season. I love you Jon Snow.
5. Shameless. This one is incredibly addictive and cringe-worth! I just finished binge-watching season 3 and I miss the Gallaghers already.
6.Dexter. Again, I am behind on this one too. My sister and I watch this one together and it is challenging to coordinate schedules. Maybe in the fall/winter when there isn’t so much to do outside.
Speaking of free stuff, a few of my favorites are on PBS!
7. Call the Midwife. After watching the first season I felt compelled to read the first volume of Jennifer Worth’s (Nurse Jenny Lee) memoir. Also, I confess that I actually forgot to watch season 3 when it was on TV. Again, thank goodness for the library!
8. Downton Abbey. Yup, I got sucked in. And yet, I somehow missed the last season’s finale. I love Maggie Smith and her one-liners!
I am not a huge fan of reality shows, but I will admit to watching every season of this:
10. Project Runway! Make it work, people. I can’t wait for the new season to start next week.
Um, I watch a lot of TV….sigh.