This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish is all about characters we would want with us on a deserted island. Do you pick people with mad skills? How about that literary crush? With ten open slots, it should be easy to find a balance between useful and entertaining!
1. The Gallagher Girls I am counting Cammie, Bex, Macey and Liz as one. My list, my rules. The Girls stay together! Trained as spies, these four have all the skills, and I am pretty sure they would be great company.
2. Halt from The Ranger’s Apprentice series. I am pretty sure I talk about age-appropriate literary crush more often than I should…whatever. If Halt is along I know there will at least be good coffee!
3. Jacky Faber from the Bloody Jack series. This gal is the complete package! Resourceful and talented. She’ll either have us out of there in no time or living large on our very own island. Either way, it will be a good time.
4. Flavia de Luce from the series of the same name. I am sure Flavia’s vast knowledge of chemistry will come in handy. If not, her precocious nature will make her a charming addition to our merry band of fictional “strandees”.
5. Jon Snow from A Song of Ice and Fire series. Thank you Kit for making Jon so DREAMY. Also, Ghost would probably come in handy at some point.
6. Saba from The Dustlands Trilogy. Saba is a hard-core, bad-ass survivor. I want her on my team, for sure.
7. Ed Kennedy from I am the Messenger. Ed is just a nice guy. I think he would be interesting to hang out with. He seems like a good guy and he’s obviously up for an adventure.
8. Magnus Bane from The Mortal Instruments series. Immortal wizard/healer? Yup!
9. Zuzana from The Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. She is described as “…a tiny fairy. A rabid one that bites.” She’s a real spitfire and I kind of want her around. Even though she is scary.
10. Dumbledore…just because. Someone has to be the voice of reason! And fingers crossed that he thinks to bring Professor McGonagall.