Here in Cleveland Fall has arrived. This is my favorite time of year! I took a trip to a local apple farm and picked up apple fritters and kettle corn, and of course, apples. The apples were promptly turned into pie and sauce by my talented sister. I broke out the pumpkin scented candles and the down comforter for the bed. The hoodies came out in time for a clam bake yesterday. I also made my first batch of soup of the season. I love soup. I love fall! I even managed to get some reading in, which is a good thing, because I suspect I won’t get much reading in this week. I will be attending the Ohio Library Council Convention and Expo in Columbus Wednesday-Friday. This will be my first time attending and I am really looking forward to the event.
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo is the final book in the Grisha trilogy and I loved it. It was full of surprises and twists and jaw-dropping shocks. I am very satisfied with the way things wrapped up.
- Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins is the first book in her middle grade series. Twelve-year-old Gregor and his little sister fall through a vent in their apartment building and end up in the Underland, a world populated by giant insects, humans, rats, and bats. The Underlanders believe that Gregor is the warrior they are waiting for to fulfill an ancient prophecy. I did not love this first book, but it really picked up in the end so I will probably continue the series.
- Famous Last Words by Katie Alender is a murder mystery with a ghostly twist. I received an e-galley of this one and will have a full review up soon. I am a fan of her other works and this one did not disappoint.
- Pure by Julianna Baggott. I am feeling a little meh about this one.
- Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy. I am LOVING this one!
It’s weird to be reading just one book at a time…I should start some more!