This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is all about the fantastic authors that I discovered this year. I spent plenty of time with my beloved tried and true favorites, but I also stumbled upon some new gems!
1. Derek Landy. I recently discovered Skulduggery Pleasant. This series is so much fun and quite possibly the best discovery of 2014. I am waiting for book 4 right now.
2. Leigh Bardugo. I discovered and devoured the Grisha trilogy in 2014.
3. Jasper Fforde. In my quest to find fantasy novels for my middle school book club, I picked up The Last Dragonslayer and loved it.
4. Jennifer E. Smith. I have enjoyed all of her contemporary YA romances.
5. Robin LaFevers. I finally got around to starting His Fair Assassins trilogy. I still need to finish the last one. I don’t want it to be over, so I am dragging my heels.
I also enjoyed a number of 2014 debuts. I will be watching for more from these new-to-everyone in 2014 authors!
6. Brandy Colbert. Her debut, Pointe, was an intense read.
7. Tess Sharpe. Far From You was another dark, emotional debut.
8. Danielle Paige. I am thoroughly immersed in this twisted version of Oz.
9. Gavin Extence. I loved his debut novel and am pleased to see he has another book coming in March!
10. Mindy McGinnis. This fellow Ohioan’s debut novel was really interesting. I have the follow-up waiting for me at home.