This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is the hardest list of the year! I have already made one favorites of 2014 list. This one will be strictly YA. I mean, why not?
1. I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. This is hands down my absolute favorite book of 2014. I will definitely be reading this again.
2. Grave Mercy & Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers. I can’t believe it took me so long to get around to these. I just bought myself Mortal Hearts this weekend.
3. Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor. I am still going through Karou and Akiva withdrawal. This was one of the most stunning and lyrical series I have ever read. I LOVED the audio.
4. The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan. It was sad to say goodbye to my young demigod friends, but this was a satisfying ending and I look forward to new adventures with new heroes.
5. Cress by Marissa Meyer. I think that this series improves with each book. I am desperate for more.
6. Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg. This was such a sweet contemporary romance.
7. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige. This was one of my most anticipated reads of 2014. It is a wickedly delightful take on Oz.
8. Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys. I am very selective about historical fiction. My rule is: Always select anything Ruta Sepetys writes!
9. All Fall Down by Ally Carter. I was so fortunate to get an advanced reader copy of this first book in her new series. Fans will not be disappointed!
10. Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy. This new-to-me series has become a bit of an addiction. Interestingly enough, it coincides with my new-to-me obsession with Supernatural. Totally late to the party, but so happy I made it!
I am not finished reading these yet, but they definitely have earned an honorable mention:
Finally, I know I said this list was going to be all YA, but I would wholeheartedly recommend these two adult books to teen readers. I loved them both for very different reasons.
universe vres alex woods