It’s that time of year when romance is everywhere, so it’s only fitting that The Broke and the Bookish have asked us to weigh in on what we like or dislike about romance novels.
Let’s start with the dislikes so we can end on a positive note.
1. Love Triangles. For the most part, love triangles drive me nuts.
2. Romances that actually interfere with a bigger plot. Guess what? Not every book needs a romance. Sometimes its ok to just be a science fiction book.
3. Inappropriate romances. Teachers and students, brothers and sisters…blah.
4. Cheaters, stalkers, vapid girls…why bother looking for book covers?
Happy thoughts time!
5. Humor/sass/banter. I sass and banter ALL the time!
6. Quirky characters.
7. LGBT characters.
8. Road Trip Romances.
9. Sweet Guys.
10. Paranormal Romance. I do love a paranormal/fantasy romance…