Happy Monday, friends. I still feel like I am neglecting this poor little blog, but I am certainly not neglecting my reading! This brutal winter weather is a perfect excuse to read and binge watch Supernatural. If you aren’t already a fan, I highly recommend checking out some demon slaying action with the Winchesters. These guys are dreamy! You don’t meet Cas until Season 4, but he’s my favorite!
Anyway. That’s my current obsession. I am currently rationing Season 7. I may have also mentioned before that I am reading my way through the Adult Graphic Novel collection at work. As I am newly responsible for maintaining this collection I feel obligated to really get to know it. So far it has been a lot fun.
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
- Crossover by Kwame Alexander-♥♥♥♥♥. This 2015 Newbery Winner SIZZLES. A heartfelt novel in verse about brothers and fathers and basketball. Loved it.
- The Walking Dead 21: All Out War, Part 2 by Ron Kirkman-♥♥♥♥. Rick and crew have a final showdown with the villain Negan.
- The Walking Dead 22: A New Beginning by Ron Kirkman-♥♥♥♥♥. The survivors face many changes. Don’t get too comfy though because an insanely disturbing new twist is revealed!
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkin-♥♥♥♥♥. This debut thriller is being compared to Gone Girl. I never read that one, but I devoured this one in a day. I love unreliable narrators! This one lives up to the hype.
- Zahra’s Paradise by Amir-♥♥♥♥. Set in the aftermath of the highly contested 2009 Iranian presidential elections, this graphic novel tells the story of one young protester who has disappeared, seemingly without a trace. Fact and fiction blend in this engrossing book. Many times I set it aside to search out more information.
- Lock In by John Scalzi-♥♥♥♥. This Alex Award winner is fascinating and disturbing. An excellent choice for science fiction fans and fans of Ready Player One and James Dashner’s Morality Doctrine series.
Current Audio: (I didn’t do much driving or walking the dog this week!)
I will finish Wild Rover No More in this week!
Currently Reading: (I am once again all over the place, picking up and putting down a number of books)
Before I sign off, one quick question. Have you played Superfight, the card game? Is it worth the investment? Good for teens? Thanks!