This week’s Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish is so open-ended it’s practically a freebie! The topic is the top ten books for people who like X. Solve for X. Since by current television obsession continues to be Supernatural, X=Supernatural.
1. Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy. A skeleton detective, ancient gods, necromancers, and all sorts of magic.
2. The Diviners by Libba Bray. Occult murders, flappers, and a really, really creepy house.
3. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson. The ghost of Jack the Ripper once again torments London.
4. Evil Librarian by Michele Knudsen. Two words: Demon librarian.
5. Texas Gothic by Rosemary Clement-Moore. A family of witches, occult happenings, ghosts, and mischievous goats. For the fans who enjoy the humorous side of the Winchesters!
6. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan. The unconsecrated, the walking dead, the living dead, call them what you want, a zombie is a zombie!
7. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Shadowhunters/Demon hunters. Same dif.
8. Gone by Michael Grant. All sorts of messed-up monster action going on here!
9. White Cat by Holly Black. Magic, curses, mobsters!
10. Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Angels, demons, monsters.