This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is all about that often elusive but always thrilling event-the author meeting! I have been so fortunate to meet many of my favorite authors, especially considering the fact that authors seem to avoid Cleveland like the plague. It’s all Columbus and Cincinnati, blah, blah, blah. Where’s the love for the 216?!? I have had to do a ton of driving to meet authors. I even drove to Michigan to meet Scott Westerfeld. Totally worth it. While I have checked some big names off my list (Cassandra Clare, Holly Black, Libba Bray, Michael Grant, John Flanagan, and Carrie Ryan to name a few), there are still tons more who I would love to meet.
1. A.S. King. She is top in my list for a reason. She’s my favorite. I love what she has to say and would drive to Michigan if I had to in order to meet her.
2. Liani Taylor. I want more! I love the world of her Daughter of Smoke and Bone series.
3. Markus Zusak. While the rest of the world obsesses over The Book Thief (which I really did love), I quietly sit by and reread I am the Messenger.
4. Ally Carter. I really want to be a Gallagher Girl. So bad.
5. J.K. Rowling. No brainer.
6. Rick Riordan. Another no brainer.
7. Cat Winters. Cat Winters writes historical fiction that I want to read!
8. Marissa Meyer. Oh, goodness. I love this woman’s twisted tales.
9. Derek Landy. Skulduggery Pleasant is my newest obsession. And he has a new trilogy coming out. Please hurry and set a U.S. release date!
10. Robin LaFevers. Medieval French assassin nuns. That’s more historical fiction I can get into!
Bonus: Adult Authors
Stephen King Tana French Rainbow Rowell Lisa Lutz