Happy Monday! We are starting Week 4 of Summer Reading and this week’s basket might be my favorite. In addition to some awesome books and candy, this basket has all the fixings to make S’mores!! If this sounds like the basket for you be sure to enter early and enter often! Remember, this year you can submit entries online.
As for my own summer reading, I am still devouring audiobooks at a record pace and my reading funk seems to be over *fingers crossed it stays this way*
- Shutter, vol. 1: Wanderlost by Joe Keatinge-♥♥♥. I am not entirely sure what this is all about. I do know it’s being compared to Saga and Fables, but I don’t think it is as good as those. It’s very weird and I am curious to see where the story goes. Maybe all will be clearer in subsequent volumes.
- The Vacationers by Emma Straub-♥♥♥. The Post family vacation is anything but relaxing! Everyone has a secret and the drama is high. This one was fine. For a better dysfunctional family drama try This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper.
- Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella-♥♥♥♥. Teenaged Audrey struggles with anxiety after suffering a trauma. With the help of her family, her therapist, and a new guy she makes great progress in her recovery.
- The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes-♥♥♥♥♥. Tess’s life is turned upside down when she is forced to leave her home in Montana to live with her sister in Washington DC. Her sister is entrenched in the dark and dangerous world of politics and Tess soon finds herself in the thick of things as well. This is an exciting and timely political thriller.
- Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave-♥♥♥♥. Set in the heart of California wine country, this is delightful family drama full of marriage dramas of all types-fear of losing a spouse, fear that one has chosen the wrong spouse, and fear that love is not enough of a reason to get married. This is a fun, quick, summer read.
- Rat Queens vol. 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N’rygoth by Kurtis J. Wiebe-♥♥♥♥♥. Oh man, the Rat Queens are back and as amazing as ever. My favorite part of this volume was getting major bits of backstories for the characters.
I have a ton of digit ARCs that need some attention. It’s so hard to choose what will actually be next.
Happy Summer Reading!