It’s been ages since I have made a top ten list! I am so happy to be back with The Broke and the Bookish with an all new list. Check out this list of characters that I just could relate to for one reason or another. No chemistry.
1. Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. I loved Anna, but could not get into Lola. I was pretty sad about it, but then I remembered that there are tons of other books to read and I was ok.
2. Gwen and Cassidy from What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick. This is a similar situation. I loved her first book, My Life Next Door, but could not get into this one. I am really excited for The Boy Most Likely To!
3. America Singer and everyone else from the train wreck that is The Selection by Kiera Cass. I have nothing but UGH to say.
4. Grace from the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater. Not only did we not click, this girl inspired rage in me. I have since made up with Maggie Stiefvater, thanks to The Raven Boys. But Shiver? Blah.
5. Zoey Redbird from The House of Night series by P.C. Cast. Another rage-inducer.
6. Ruby and crew from The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. I am in the minority on this one, I think. I really did not like this book.
7. Hazel and Gus from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Nope.
8. Violet and Chelsea from Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder #2) by Kimberley Derting. I really like the first book so I was disappointed when Violet turned into a whiny, insecure person in book two and Chelsea became a bully and everyone was ok with it. I stopped the series here.
I really try not to waste time reading books that don’t work for me, so I am going to stop here.