Good Morning Readers! Today is the big day…and I have a schedule full of football games and a trip to the apple farm. So, I probably won’t get much reading in until after 5 today. I am going to have the best of both worlds-family fall fun day AND readathon! Lucky me. So, on to the Pre-Party introductions.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I am going to be reading from chilly Cleveland, Ohio
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I must admit, I did not plan at all for this event. I am excited to read the last volume of Fables by Bill Willingham, but beyond that, my reading will be a surprise to all!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I cannot wait to get an apple fritter the size of my head at the apple farm!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I am the Teen Librarian at Rocky River Public Library and I love my job. I am slightly obsessed with the show Supernatural (Cas and Crowley are my favorites). I have a dog named Kevin. I can not imagine a life without coffee and cheese.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is not my first rodeo. What I have learned in the past is to just have fun. Also, pick short books and books you don’t mind skimming just a little. Seriously, this is not the time to savor!
I’m off to stand in the cold for 8 hours. I’ll me back this evening.
So far I have managed a grand total of 30 minutes of listening to my audiobook, Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson. I also saw my nephew score his team’s only touchdown and got my apple fritters at the orchard. I’m saving those for later!
You guys, it actually snowed. Football game #2 was a freezing affair, but we stayed warm with all the cheering we got to do. Nephew #2 was the star of his game too! I managed another 30 minute of Furiously Happy.
I am finally home and ready to focus on reading. I am going to start easy with some graphic novels. But first, a mini-challenge. Actually, my first mini-challenge and it’s an easy one. Fig and Thistle is doing a poll: pumpkin spice, yea or nay? I apologize for the creepy hoodie, but I am still cold! I say, yes to pumpkin spice, even in sausage. I have a lovely locally made pumpkin and walnut bratwurst that is delish. Ok, off to read. Lumberjanes, vol. 2 by Noelle Stevenson, you’re up first.
It’s time for a mid-event survey.
1. What are you reading right now?
All American Boys by Jason Reynolds
2. How many books have you read so far?
Just the one so far.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
The Marvels by Brian Selznick
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
My entire first part of the day was an interruption. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How quickly an hour passes by!