Good Morning! I hope you have a great weekend. I spent some time Saturday binge-reading at my favorite coffee shop and Sunday I spent the afternoon with my friends making Ukrainian Easter Eggs. I can’t believe this was the fifth year we have been having these gatherings! This year’s creations were mostly nontraditional.
Moving on to book lists…
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?
- The Undertaking of Lily Chen by Danica Dovgorodoff-♥♥♥♥-In the mountains of Northern China, tradition dictates that every man has a wife to keep him company in the afterlife. Deshi Li is in search of a bride for his dead brother. When his path crosses that of the very much alive (and lively) Lily Chen, they become reluctant travel companions. Gorgeous illustrations accompany this dark story.
- How to Start a Fire by Lisa Lutz-♥♥♥♥♥-Anna, Kate and George are thrown together in college, but the bond the three women forge has the potential to last a lifetime. This new book from the author of The Spellman Files, is spectacular. Very different from what fans are used to, but enthralling nonetheless. The story jumps around in time as secret are slowly revealed. LOVED this one!
- Stiff by Mary Roach-♥♥♥♥-This compelling nonfiction book tells the unusual story of the life of a human corpse. Roach explores the history of cadavers and science. Fascinating and a little gross!
- Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell-♥♥♥♥♥-This collection of overheard conversations and questions asked of booksellers is hilarious and sure to tickle the funny bone of any book lover.
- The Party, After You Left by Roz Chast-♥♥♥♥♥-A collection of now classic cartoons that originally appeared The New Yorker, Redbook, and other publications. This collection highlights the absurdities of modern life. Hilarious.
(Because I am more interested in my other books right now.)