This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is all about sequels! Here are some of the sequels I am impatiently waiting on:
1. Firefight by Brandon Sanderson. I am desperate for more of The Reckoners!
2. As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust by Alan Bradley. More Flavia!
3. The Curious World of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly.
4. Winter by Marissa Meyer. Why do I have to wait so long?
5. The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion. Don Tillman is so charming, I am looking forward to more.
6. Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers. I have this last book in the His Fair Assassin series, but I still need to read it.
7. Rivals in the City by Y.S. Lee. I recently caught up on The Agency series and was reminded how much I enjoyed it. I was thrilled to learn there was a fourth book. Hopefully it will be available in the U.S. soon.
8. The Shadow Cabinet by Maureen Johnson. The cliffhanger of book two?! Gah!
9. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. See above. Killer cliffhanger.
10. Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray. I might need a Diviners refresher before I read this one.
“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.
This week’s pre-publication “can’t-wait-to-read” selection is:
The Curious World of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly
July 7, 2015
“Callie Vee, Travis, Granddaddy, and the whole Tate clan are back in this charming follow-up to Newbery Honor–winner The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate.
Callie’s younger brother Travis keeps bringing home strays. And Callie has her hands full keeping the animals—Travis included—away from her mother’s critical eye.
When a storm blows change into town in the form of a visiting veterinarian, Callie discovers a life and a vocation she desperately wants. But with societal expectations as they are, she will need all her wits and courage to realize her dreams.
Whether it’s wrangling a rogue armadillo or stray dog, a guileless younger brother or standoffish cousin, the trials and tribulations of Callie Vee will have readers cheering for this most endearing heroine.”
I really loved The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate and always wondered if there would be more to the story. The wait is (almost) over! There *is* more!