The City of Lost Souls Cassandra Clare. I am a little nervous about a certain sibling relationship…
Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I own this one, which for me means that there is no urgency. But I really really want to know what happens next.
3. Graceling by Kristin Cashore. I really have been meaning to read this one for ages. I tried the audio, but discovered that I am not a fan of full cast productions. One of my teens just read it and highly recommends it, so I promised her I would give a read this summer.
4. Prized by Caragh O’Brien. I have been making an effort to finish reading series that I have started. This one is the sequel to Birthmarked, which I really enjoyed.
5. The Emperor of Nihon-Ja by John Flanagan. I have been dragging my heels with the this one because I don’t want the series to end. But now, I really want to start his new series, The Brotherband Chronicles, so it’s time to say farewell to The Ranger’s Apprentice. *sniff*
The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa. Do you see how serious I am about the series? I mean it! It’s time to read the final chapter of the Iron Fey…so I can start her new vampire series…and so I am ready for The Lost Prince. *sigh*
7. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. I loved Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour and I am excited to read this sophomore novel by Matson.
Blood Moon by Alyxandra Harvey. Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE The Drake Chronicles? I don’t think I have! I LOVE this series. Best. Vampires. Ever. Love. I am totally up to date with this series, that’s how great it is. This is not an “I’ll get to it eventually” series. This is an “OMG, when is the next one coming out and whose point of view do we get this time?” series.
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. This is another one that I own. I have heard great review and I can’t wait to finally get to it.
10. The Ask and The Answer by Patrick Ness. Again, focusing on the series. I really liked The Knife of Never Letting Go and look forward to getting back into Todd’s world. Heck, I may even get a little crazy and read Monsters of Men when I am done!
A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin. I am working on it now and at my current pace it will take me ALL summer to read. I think a day off is in order!
I am excited about my summer reading list! What’s on yours?