This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is about favorite characters that we would love to follow with long after their stories on the page end.
1. Jacky Faber from the Bloody Jack series by L.A. Meyer. This one is a no-brainer. I adore Jacky. I want good things for that girl.
2. Akiva and Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. Despite the satisfying ending, I just know there is so much more to explore in this amazing world!
3. Cassel Sharpe from the Curse Workers series by Holly Black. I so desperately want more of this story.
4. Will and Halt from The Ranger’s Apprentice series by John Flanagan. These two are as dear to me as Jacky Faber. I miss them terribly.
5. June and Day from Legend by Marie Lu. I really loved how this series ended, but I sure wouldn’t mind finding out what happened next!
6. Samantha and Annamae from Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee. Oh, the stories there must be!
7. Pretty much anyone from an A.S. King book. Her characters are so real and often flawed and in the end you always have a glimmer of hope for them. I would love to check in and just make sure that things truly did get better.
8. Ed Kennedy from I am the Messenger by Marcus Zusak. Ed has so much potential. He’s such a good guy!
9. Todd Prentiss from The Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness. This series. I don’t know how to talk about these books. There’s just so much…
10. Darla and Alex from the Ashfall trilogy by Mike Mullin. This is another series with a great ending, but I certainly wouldn’t say no to more!
There are so many more, but I’ll stop at ten.