This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish is all about those books that seem to get all the love, but we still have and/or won’t read. Many of these are fairly recent titles and most are on my TBR list, but realistically I probably won’t get to all of them.
1. Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen. I think I have read two Sarah Dessen books and they were fine, but this one is getting so much hype I thought I would give it a try.
2. Young Elites by Marie Lu. I started this book when it first came out and it didn’t click immediately like I had expected. I really loved her Legend series and I wanted to love this one. So, I set it aside before it was ruined for me before it even had a chance. I will try it again soon!
3. The Winner’s Curse by Maria Rutkoski. I feel very “meh” about this one. I think I am okay with passing on it.
4. The Wrath and Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. I feel pretty confident that this one lives up to the hype. I will definitely be reading this one.
5. The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I am worried this will be another Young Elites. I keep putting it off. I can’t unhear the reviews that call it a let down. Sigh.
6. An Ember in the Ash by Sabaa Tahir. I have an ARC of this and STILL haven’t read it. Looking back over my list so far I am noticing I have listed quiet a few fantasies. Maybe I am just not in the mood for fantasy right now?
7. The Heir by Kiera Cass. It took my reading all three books in The Selection trilogy to realize I truly loathed everything about them. This one is not for me.
8. The Maze Runner by James Dashner. I am just not interested.
9. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I just never got into this series. I tried the first one, but didn’t get very far before giving up.
10. Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Nope.
A few more that I won’t read: