I am pretty sure at one time or another many of us have wished we could live at Hogwarts (or in a little house on a prairie if you’re like me), but how often do we think about places we would not want to live? Well, that is exactly what The Broke and the Bookish want to know!
1. Chicago of the future! Bad, bad things are happening here. No thanks!
2. Any place that Michael Grant makes up. Seriously. Whether it’s in a dome with a bunch of psychos or out in the real world with nano technology scurrying around in my brain, his worlds are not for me.
3. Post-super-volcano USA. Thank you Mike Mullin for scare. And thanks to the scientists who recently confirmed that this could some day be a reality. It’s a wonder I sleep at night!
4. Prentisstown. Nope. No way. That place is run by a lunatic, and things don’t go well for the ladies when he is around.
5. During the Flu pandemic. 1918 was not a good year! War, flu…nope. I want none of that.
6. In the Belly of the Bloodhound! I remember learning about slave ships in school. I can’t even begin to imagine the horror. I do love Jacky Faber, though.
7. The Dust Lands. The name alone is uninviting. I hate the heat. Give me snow days any time.
8. Any virtual reality world. I haven’t come across one yet that is all fun and games. Something very horrible always happens.
9. Puritan times. I am really, I might be drowned as a witch! It didn’t take much in those days…Those folks were no joke.
10. Any place haunted. I think this is pretty self explanatory
diviners, anna dressed in blood…