I love a series. I love getting to know characters and watching them develop. I love knowing that there will be more. And yet, sometimes things happen. This week The Broke and the Bookish have asked what series we have not finished and why. This is like my giant list of shame. For the most part. Some I just didn’t like. Here it is, tenish series I have not finished reading, aka, my TBR list!
1. The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater. Ok, let’s get this one out of the way. I really did not care for Shiver, I gave Linger a chance, and I did not go back for Forever. I am not a fan. But the covers are just to die for. Love them.
2. Fallen by Lauren Kate. The first book in this series was fine, but I never felt compelled to continue the series. I have enjoyed Becca Fitzpatrick’s Hush, Hush series better.
3. The Ranger’s Apprentice by John Flanagan. Kind of shocking actually. I LOVE this series, but I keep putting the last book in the series off, pushing it back down the TBR list. I really don’t want it to be over.
4. Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz. I really should get caught up. I missed a novella and the most recent installment because I didn’t get a chance to read them when it was my turn. Now that there is not holds list I should go back and pick them up. I have until January 2013 to get caught up before book 7 arrives. I can do it!
5. The Hunchback Assignments by Arthur Slade. This is another series that I really enjoy, but I haven’t finished it because the third book was not available on CD. How annoying! I love the reader and now my collection is incomplete and I haven’t gone back to read the book and I just saw that a fourth book is coming out…so annoyed with our CD supplier!
6. The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I gave Beautiful Creatures and Beautiful Darkness 5 stars on Goodreads. So why did I skip Beautiful Chaos? No, really. Why did that happen? I don’t have an answer. Maybe I should schedule a reboot and start at the beginning once Beautiful Redemption is out in October.
7. Escape from the Furnace by Alexander Gordon Smith. I actually know why I haven’t kept up with this series. When I got book three, Death Sentence, I was distracted and in a funk and horror was not working for me so I set it aside…and forgot to go back. If I wait a little longer the series will be complete and I can just knock ’em out in a row.
8. Bad Girls Don’t Die by Katie Alender. This spooky ghost story was a real page turner and yet, I have not picked up the rest of the series. Now that we are approaching ghost story season (yes, that is a season!) I will have to remedy the situation. I am not sure if these two are the end or if there will be more. I suppose I should read them and find out.
9. She’s So Dead by Kieran Scott. I read and enjoyed the first book, She’s So Dead to Us. I need to remember to get the others, especially when I need a solid realistic fiction to anchor me back in, well, reality.
10. Stephanie Plum by Janet Evanovich. I came late to this party and it is going to take me forever to catch up. Slowly but surely I plug away. I will not be caught up in time for Notorious Ninteen, due out in November, but I will make some progress. I am half way through Hot Six as we speak!
Other neglected series include The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott, The Agency by Y.S. Lee, and The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer.
Abandoned, never to be revisited series include House of Night by P.C. Cast, The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine, and Another by Daniel Nayeri. Meh.