This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is all about the leading ladies. Hermione, Jacky Faber, and Cammie Morgan will always be at the top of my favorites list, but I have also discovered many new amazing leading ladies. In no particular order, I give you my list:
1. June Iparis-Not only is she a genius, she is a total fighting machine!
2. Cassie-She’s a natural-born profiler and the FBI needs her help!
3. Glory O’Brien-Glory is a freedom-fighter and feminist extraordinaire!
4. Darla Edmunds-Let’s be real, Alex would have been dead before the middle of book one if not for Darla. She is smart and practical and knows all about mechanics.
5. Valkyrie Cain-This girl takes to the world of ancient magic like a fish to water!
6. Jennifer Strange-Jennifer doesn’t need magic to run her magical agency and manage all the weird magicians. Also, she has the best pet and car!
7. Alina Starkov-Humble orphan? Pfft. This girl has a DESTINY!
8. Ava-You don’t want to mess with a firebug or her friends. She’ll burn you alive!
9. Sybella-One of Mortain’s assassins, Sybella is skilled in both the arts of death and seduction. The story of her past is devastating, but she is a survivor!
10. Theo-She’s a tough cookie to actually like, but you have to admire her strength!
11. Josie Moraine-She’s the daughter of a prostitute who wants a better life for herself. I love this gal!